What is it good for?
- Making sense of the insights you've collected during interviews
- Involving the team
When to use it
How to use it
How to make sense of your research (or how to do synthesis)
- Group similar post-its
- You might group similar demographics, pain points, use of tech or types of support your users are using. Or something else - it will depend on what you've heard.
- Draw your conclusions
- What do the themes tell you?
- What challenges are your users facing?
- How are your users trying to solve their challenges? Are their solutions working, or do they need others? You may not need to create a solution if they are already doing it themselves.
- What tools are they using? Do they mention which tool features they like and dislike?
Get the tool
Here's a handy Miro template you can make a copy of and use for your own synthesis. Or you can just use a wall in your home or office with some post-its.
- An alternative filter to use on your interview data